Monday, November 19, 2007

MODERN FLOWERS



From bridal showers to weddings, from modern minimal to gothic chic floral couture, a collaboration of working with a great venue and working with the bride and wedding planner. To view photos of the floral concepts we came up with see slide show.
I am honored to share special moments with amazing friends ... a year filled of weddings. In helping a few friends with planning and styling ... I discovered a new passion in the art of floral design. What an amazing experience to work with such a beautiful medium. With a background in residential development designing display suites to private homes, organizing special events to styling private parties. Stay tuned as I find a way to turn my new found passion into as an extension of my work for 2008.

Floral design by JEFF LEATHAM, to see more of his work see website

Floral design by OLIVIER GUIGNI to see more of their work see website

Floral design by OVANDO to see more of their work see website
I learn so much working with an amazing team and find inspiration from talented New York based florists Banchet, Ovando to Olivier Guigni and Jeff Leatham. I admire the sculptural arrangements of Singapore based Sakul Intakul & Devehastin na Ayudhya, London based floral designer John Carter and LA based Krislyn Design. Flowers transform a room while providing a lasting impression and creates a signature feature in a room. Applying the rule of "less is more" to a floral arrangement allows the natural beauty of a bloom to stand alone, with a skill full eye and attention to details, choosing one single floral type or combinations of monochromatic arrangements give much more impact to a room. I find myself in pure bliss when making an arrangement. More so, I love the design process of creating a focal point where light, water and air meet the stem and petals of a bloom. I also love fully submerged flowers love to breath in water ... and when lit in the right way, you can see the bubbles collect around each petal ...
I share with you the amazing talents of those who have inspired me and the work that unfolded.

One of my favorite flower shops to see in New York is Blanchet located in the meatpacking district. They always have amazing window displays and a beautifully designed floral shop.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home